Geeked Out


You live in a cave if you don't know what this is and which movie this place appeared in.


If you don't live in a cave and know what I'm talking about then you probably live in theatres like me.

That's right, this is from The Dark Knight Rises.

My trip was basically filled with geekery because later on, we went to a comic book store called Midtown Comics. I basically spazzed when I got inside because everything I love from Darth Vader to Adventure Time is there. 

So this area, spot, place is where the action happened. The first chase between Batman and Bane. This is outside the New York Stock Exchange. 

Yeah, that's right, I was right where they shot Bane riding through this barricade, not giving a dollar if he crashes or not. Of course, he got through because he is Bane. So, I am going to conclude that I set foot on the ground where Tom Hardy walked on and perhaps Christian Bale, too. I breathed the same air they did (or similar because its been months since they shot the film). 

What was I doing in Wall Street?

I am pretty sure during the trip one of us had it in mind to plan on going to Wall Street. But somehow we just ended up walking there because we got lost. It was a good thing because we spotted this great department store, TJ Max, where I purchased a pair of booties for $30 (mud brown with crocheted sides!), a solid brown chiffon button-up shirt for $12, and another chiffon short sleeve shirt with floral designs for $10 (i think).

Wall Street is pretty amazing. I don't know about you but I like skyscrapers. I love tall buildings. I love how above me, there are things happening. Stock exchanges, bond-purchasing, trading, new people getting hired, meeting mishaps, major decisions taking place, someone getting fired, cracking a case, settlements, you name it. All of this happening not around me, but above me. I don't know where I am getting at, but I like to think that the world doesn't stop. You can go to a quiet, stagnant place and you can discover that it's not really quiet. It's busy. Look under a rock, you'll find bugs because you just took their homes.

Anyway, discovering this spot was amazing. I felt like I was in Gotham City. 

I really was.